Thursday, January 22, 2009

BRR Finals R3 - Pg 2


Cameos galore in this one yet again. In order of appearance:
Afos Sem -- eviltwinears
Aki Ko-Kou -- kikuna
Space Girl Trio (and RolyPolyPolarBeary) -- mine
Pink n Purple (and Polar Bear) -- Kenton-Alkemi
Samson, Randall, and Pauline -- mine
Ash Ketchum -- whoever created Pokemon

Note that Ash was never scripted to make an appearance. I drew the lines intending a generic mover guy, but then I colored the hat red. It looked so perfect that I couldn't pass up the chance to turn him into Ash.

You know, my original song choice for Cleese was Dragula, by Rob Zombie. At first I wanted something metal, and various songs by Rammstein, Dragonforce, Metallica, etc floated through my head. Eventually I changed it to rap, and Lose Yourself became the obvious choice there. Idk, I felt like it would somehow be more like Cleese. Sam's song Almost by the Blues Brothers took a while to find too. That I would use Blues Brothers was a given. It was kinda hard finding a suitable song that wasn't already used by Kenton though, but Almost ended up being a perfect fit.

Oh, and the fangirls in the 5th pane are a reference to events from round 2 of the regular matches. You can find see them at my entry and Kenton's entry. Feel free to laugh at how bad my early comics were.

No comments:

Post a Comment